I’ve been purging my files the past few days, and I found this gem under the name “Monthly Musings” written by yours truly almost two years ago. I guess I was planning on writing a monthly blog post. Psshh. What a dreamer! It’s not light… Read More
In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Someone Else’s Island.”
We’ve all been asked what five objects we’d take with us to a desert island. Now it’s your best friend’s (or close relative’s) turn to be stranded: what five objects would you send him/her off with?
- I’ll Be You and You Be Me by Ruth Krauss and Maurice Sendak for a bit of light reading.
- An empty glass bottle.
- A goat.
- Another goat (Breed the goats, and breed their goats, and you’ll have an endless supply of milk and meat – all in one neat little package).
- A bag of iodine tablets (For practicality’s sake. And everyone knows that desert islands settle in freshwater).
- Girls Chase Boys playing on an eternal loop.
- A bag of Cheetos.
- A pet tiger that’s not really a pet at all.
- An empty UPS truck – all the hope, none of the rewards.
- A piece of paper.
- A pen.
- My friend.
- My enemy.
- One more goat (it takes three goats to kill a tiger).
- Whitening strips.
Am I funny? Am I smart? Is I kind? DOES ANYTHING MATTER? Don’t tell me. Just let me believe that I am and that it does. Because writing is hard.